Sat, Mar 12
9:00-11:30am School Committee Public Comment on Innovation Agenda (Sullivan Chamber)
Mon, Mar 14
5:30-8:00pm School Committee Public Comment on Innovation Agenda (Sullivan Chamber)
Tues, Mar 15
6:00pm School Committee meeting (Sullivan Chamber)
– VOTE on Superintendent’s Recommendations for "Innovation Agenda"
Mar 8, 2011 – ‘Upper school’ proposal goes on with minor changes (Marc Levy)
Here are the main changes:
1) The revised Agenda now proposes an upper school campus in the Cambridgeport/Riverside neighborhood rather than two campuses in East Cambridge.
2) The revised Innovation Agenda district configuration provides JK-8 immersion opportunities for students in the Amigos two-way immersion school and for students in the Ola program.
3) The King School JK-5 will remain at the Putnam Avenue building.
4) The Amigos School JK-8 will relocate to the Upton Street building.
5) King upper school students will attend the Putnam Avenue campus (rather than the Rindge Avenue campus).
6) Morse upper school students will attend the Putnam Avenue campus (rather than the Spring Street campus).
7) Kennedy-Longfellow upper school students will attend the Putnam Avenue campus (rather than the Spring Street campus).
8) The Ola Program JK-8 will remain at the Cambridge Street building.
Revised Upper School Campuses & Feeder Schools
|Upper School Campus Location||Elementary School Communities Assigned (Revised)||Initial Proposal|
(previously at Spring Street)
|Vassal Lane||Graham and Parks
|Graham & Parks
March 8 revisions (PDF)