Cambridge InsideOut Episode 123 (Part 1)
This episode was broadcast on Mar 22, 2016 at 5:30pm. The hosts are Judy Nathans and Robert Winters. The main topics in this episode were the recent Division 1 State Championship of the Cambridge Falcons (CRLS Boys Basketball) and some other civic news. [On YouTube]
Cambridge InsideOut Episode 124 (Part 2)
This episode was broadcast on Mar 22, 2016 at 6:00pm. The hosts are Judy Nathans and Robert Winters. The prominent topics were primarily things discussed at the Cambridge City Council meeting the night before. [On YouTube]
Cambridge InsideOut Episode 121 (Part 1)
This episode was broadcast on Mar 15, 2016 at 5:30pm. The hosts are Judy Nathans and Robert Winters. The prominent topics in this episode were the Cambridge Falcons (CRLS Boys Basketball) and the announcement by Rich Rossi that he would retire later this year. [On YouTube]
Cambridge InsideOut Episode 122 (Part 2)
This episode was broadcast on Mar 15, 2016 at 6:00pm. The hosts are Judy Nathans and Robert Winters. The prominent topics in this episode was the announcement by Rich Rossi that he would retire later this year and speculation on the process that may follow. [On YouTube]
CALLING ALL ADULTS AND CRLS STUDENTS!
ENTER THE CAMBRIDGE RINDGE AND LATIN COMMUNITY ACADEMIC COMPETITION
WEDNESDAY MARCH 16, 7:00PM
TEST YOUR SMARTS IN THIS UNIQUE CHALLENGE
Do you remember all the elements on the periodic table? How about the formula for determining the length of an arc on a circle? Who was that president who served after Grover Cleveland? Questions similar to these will be asked at the Cambridge Rindge and Latin Community Academic Challenge entitled “Are You As Smart As A CRLS Student?” on Wednesday, March 16 at 7:00pm. Mr. Billy Costa, a Cambridge High and Latin graduate and host of the WGBH-TV “High School Quiz Show” will be the moderator. The event is free and open to the public.
This is the second time this event, sponsored by the CRLS Alumni Association, is being held. The first contest was won by a team from the Cambridge Police Department. Comments about the evening included:
"It was great fun for all, and wonderful to see so many parts of the Cambridge community come together to participate."
“I was a score keeper for the first contest and I was so impressed -bowled over really – by the whole thing. I loved every minute.”
This test of knowledge will be held in the school’s theatre. Members of community organizations, schools, businesses, CRLS alums and neighborhood groups are invited to enter teams of four colleagues to challenge teams of CRLS students in this exceptional battle of the brains. Individuals are also welcome to register by themselves and will join others that night in creating a team.
Students are encouraged to create their own four person teams from their classes, clubs and athletic teams. Trophies for the adults and financial prizes for the students will be awarded. Please note; no life-lines, phone a friend or smart phones are allowed. The CRLS Jazz Combo will be performing between rounds and smart food refreshments will be served before the contest starts.
For more information about the evening and to register your team (adults and students), contact Henry J. Lukas, retired CRLS Assistant Principal at email@example.com, 617-784-5838 or check www.crlsalumni.org. There is no registration fee.
Comments Off on Are You As Smart As A CRLS Student?
CRLS Alumni Association – 2015 Homecoming Calendar
A series of events for alumni and staff of CHLS, CRLS and Rindge Tech from Sat, Nov 21, 2015 through Sun, Nov 29, 2015 including the Annual CRLS ALUMNI Luncheon & Association Meeting "Back to the Future" on Fri, Nov 27, 2015.
- Sat, Nov 21 – "Homecoming Kick-off" – Meet and greet the new Visual and Performing Arts Director, Mr. George Simpson prior to the Fall Musical – 6:00pm @ the Fitzgerald Theater, Broadway, Cambridge.
- Sat, Nov 21: CRLS Musical "Footloose! The Musical" – 7:00pm @ the Fitzgerald Theater, Broadway.
- Mon, Nov 23: Annual Rindge Tech Dinner – 6:00pm @ Hellenic Cultural Center, 25 Bigelow Avenue, Watertown.
- Tues, Nov 24: "First Annual Alumni Panel Discussion" for CRLS Juniors and Seniors at CRLS.
- Wed, Nov 24: Annual Football Team Reunion – 6:00pm @ Russell Field, 335 Rindge Ave., Cambridge.
- Wed, Nov 25: Welcome Back to the Future – at the renovated CRLS with tours, discussions and meeting with Principal Damon Smith – 10:30am @ the CRLS Campus, 459 Broadway, Cambridge.
- Wed, Nov 25: Annual Alumni Reunion Night – 8:00pm @ Grendel’s Den, 89 Winthrop St, Harvard Square, Cambridge.
- Thurs, Nov 26: CRLS vs Somerville Football Game Pre-Game Tailgate – 8:30 to 10:00am @ Russell Field, 335 Rindge Ave., Cambridge.
- Thurs, Nov 26: CRLS vs Somerville Football Game – 10:00am kickoff @ Russell Field, 335 Rindge Ave., Cambridge.
- Fri, Nov 27: Boys Alumni Soccer Game – 9:30am to 11:00am at Danehy Field, Cambridge.
- Fri, Nov 27: “Back to the Future” Annual CRLS Alumni Luncheon and Association Meeting – 11:00am @ CRLS Media Cafe, 459 Broadway, Cambridge.
- Fri, Nov 27 – Classes 1971-1979 Reunion @ 7:00pm to midnight, Sons of Italy, Woburn. Contact Lenny Vigilante 781-301-1973 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fri, Nov 27 – Class of 1995 Reunion, Our 20th high school reunion at 7:00pm @ Fire & Ice in Harvard Square. Click here to register: Eventbrite page
- Sat, Nov 28 – Class of 1970 Reunion, VFW, 600 Huron Ave., Cambridge @ 7:00pm to midnight. Tickets $20.00. Contact John Campbell, 617-291-3222 or email@example.com.
- Sat, Nov 28 – Class of 1980 Reunion, Crowne Plaza Woburn, 15 Middlesex Canal Park, Woburn. Cocktails @ 6:00pm, Dinner @ 7:30pm, $55 in advance, $70 at the door. Visit: http://www.crlsalumni.org/ for more information or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit: http://crlsalumni.org for more Homecoming 2015 information.
Visit: CRLSHomecoming2015 to RSVP and/or purchase tickets.
Visit: Reunions for information on Class Year Reunions.
Comments Off on CRLS Alumni Association – 2015 Homecoming Calendar
CRLS Alumni Association – 2014 Homecoming Calendar
- Mon, Nov 24: Rindge Tech Dinner – Tickets sold by the Rindge Tech Alumni Association: Hellenic Cultural Center, 25 Bigelow Avenue, Watertown.
- Wed, Nov 26: Open House at CRLS – tours of the new facilities and meeting with Principal Damon Smith 10:00am to 12:00pm @ CRLS. Free of charge!
- Wed, Nov 26: Alumni Reunion Night – All classes, all schools. Free Hors D’oeuvres 8:00pm to 10:00pm. Cash Bar. @ Grendel’s Den, 89 Winthrop St., Harvard Square.
- Thurs, Nov 27: Boys Alumni Soccer Game – 9:00am to 11:00am at Danehy Field #4. No charge!
- Thurs, Nov 27: Pre-Game Tailgate – CRLS Football game, with coffee, snacks and good company, 8:30 to 10:00am @ Dilboy Field, 324 Alewife Brook Pkwy., Somerville.
- Thurs, Nov 27: CRLS vs Somerville Football Game at 10:00am. AWAY GAME @ Dilboy Field, 324 Alewife Brook Pkwy, Somerville. $5.00 tickets.
- Fri, Nov 28: “Back to the Future” Annual CRLS Alumni Association Luncheon with brief business, 11:30am to 2:00pm @ CRLS. No charge, registration requested.
- Fri, Dec 5: CRLS Fall Musical “The Addams Family” 7:00pm. with reception @ Fitzgerald Theater, CRLS. $5.00 tickets.
To register or pre-pay for tickets, please go Eventbrite.com and search “crls alumni” or check out the CRLS Alumni Association page on Facebook.
The alumni association is open to those who have attended CRLS and all of its predecessor schools such as Rindge Tech and CHLS. As of today, there are 849 members with the goal of bringing this up to 1000 by the end of the calendar year and to 1500 by the end of this school year. Sign-up and some information is available at https://crlshomecoming2014.eventbrite.com.
Comments Off on CRLS Alumni Association – 2014 Homecoming Calendar
CRLS Alumni Association Project Announces First Annual Alumni Meeting and 2013 Homecoming Events
Nov 10 – The CRLS Alumni Association Project has been building support for the launch of an Alumni Association for all graduates and staff from Cambridge Rindge & Latin School, Rindge Tech, and Cambridge High & Latin School and has collected over 600 signatures supporting this effort. On Friday, Nov. 29 there will be the First Annual Alumni Association Meeting from 11:00am-12:30pm at CRLS. A interim Alumni Board will be selected. The meeting is open to all graduates and retired staff of CRLS, Rindge Tech, and CHLS. Tours of the renovated high school will also be available before the meeting starting at 10:00am and after starting at12:30pm.
The CRLS Alumni Association Project has also announced a series of Homecoming 2013 Events. All Alumni, staff and families from CRLS, Rindge Tech and CHLS are welcome:
- Nov 27 – Open House at CRLS from 10:00am to 12 Noon with tours of the new facilities and meeting with Principal Damon Smith
- Nov 27 – Alumni Reunion Night at Tommy Doyle’s, 8:00pm until closing. Free Hors D’oeuvres from 8-10:00pm. Cash Bar. All classes, all schools and guests welcome! Tommy Doyle’s, 96 Winthrop Street
- Nov 28 – Pre-game Tailgate and Football Game vs. Somerville. Hospitality starts at 8:30am. Kickoff at 10:00am at Russell Field
- Dec 6 – The Fall Musical "Rag Time" at 7:00pm. Alumni are encouraged to attend the Friday night performance at the CRLS Fitzgerald Theater. Reception immediately following performance in the Media Café at CRLS.
Please register for events (most are free) at: crlshomecoming2013.eventbrite.com. For more information about any of these events please contact Andy Farrar at email@example.com or David Vogel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments Off on CRLS Alumni Association Project Announces First Annual Alumni Meeting and 2013 Homecoming Events